Cooper ran out of her homemade dog biscuits while I was in Paris, so now that I am back in Georgia and tracking Irma today, I am rolling out a new batch!
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, yields over 100 2″ biscuits, super healthy and sure to make your dog a happy pup!
Cooper loves peanut butter and every morning she waits by my Mom’s side for her morsels of bagel with a smear of peanut butter. Every morning! So naturally this recipe for dog treats had to have peanut butter in it.
Cooper’s Dog Biscuits
2 cups while wheat flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp. Wheat germ
1 tbsp. Baking powder
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, wheat germ and baking powder. Stir in chicken broth and peanut butter until mixture begins to form a ball.
3. Turn out dough into a lightly floured surface or silpat rolling mat and knead dough for a few seconds until smooth.
4. Roll dough out to about 1/4″ thickness. Use a 2″ (or any of your favorite cookie cutters) bone-shaped cutter and cut bones and place on the prepared baking sheet. Scraps of dough can be re-rolled to cut more.
5. Bake until light golden brown and crisp, 25-30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for up to 2 months.