200 g Flour
6g Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Lavender flowers
200g Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
10 g Honey
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Whisk eggs and sugar (stand mixer is ok on medium speed) approximately 5 minutes until thick and “ribbon” consistency.
- Add Lavender flowers and mix delicately.
- Slowly incorporate sifted flour into egg/sugar mixture just until smooth. Do not over mix. Slowly incorporate melted butter and honey.
- Chill batter 30 minutes to 3 hours. Cold batter going into a hot oven creates a thermal shock that develops the signature “bump”.
- While batter is chilling, butter Madeleine molds using softened (not melted) butter. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill prepared molds ¾ full with batter using a pastry bag. Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- As soon as they are removed from the oven, flip over and unmold onto wire racks to cool.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar if desired. Store Madeleines in an air-tight container.